ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Picking Out Windows...

Our kitchen remodel is moving along!  
The addition is enclosed, the roof is done & today they are installing windows!
Finding the right windows wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  
I always have these great ideas of the style I want.  
Here are a few of my "inspiration" photos...
Source

Source
This was my "dream" window...It's perfect in so many ways!
It goes together so well with a farmhouse sink.
Source

Unfortunately, reality changed my dream when we got the pricing.
This one window was more than double the cost of both of our kitchen windows.
We decided there wasn't room in our budget and started researching some cheaper options. 
 Home Depot was where we finally ordered ours from and they look beautiful!  

For the dining area, we picked a window like the one in the picture below. 
It looks like the window in the middle of the window seat.
It is a picture window that has the six squares at the top.
Source
The window above our sink looks a lot like this one...
Source
It will have four squares at the top instead of three and it will be white.
It is such a fun process to see everything coming together.  It can be difficult for me to picture the end result when you are in the middle of all the chaos, but it is definitely getting to the point where it's looking like a real room!  I'll get some photos of the progress tonight & show you how it's coming along.
Sharing with these blogs:
Thrifty Decor Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment