ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Friday, September 25, 2015

Salt Lake Parade Of Homes 2015 {5 Trends}

It happens every August and there were some beautiful homes this year!
We were able to visit quite quite a few, so there might be a bit of a picture overload.
Here are a few trends I noticed:
1-Fun Floors:
These tiles are so beautiful, it's like artwork for your floors!

2-Pretty Fireplaces:
  This is my favorite...it's gorgeous!
I love the mix of stone and white woodwork.

Here is a more traditional brick fireplace. 
 It made the fireplace a great focal point by carrying the brick to the top of the ceiling. 
I also love the furniture in this room!

White woodwork...
 It makes the room so bright and beautiful.

This was from one of my favorite homes, I love the painted brick! 
The dark wood mantel gives it a nice contrast.

The paneled fireplace also makes this room stand out...
It's a beautiful family room.

3-Craftsmen Style Elements:
The exterior of this home is one of my favorites.
The porch and corbels make this house so charming.

The interior of this home definitely had some craftsmen style charm...
 Now that is a column, It is gorgeous!
I also loved this beamed ceiling with the ceiling fans.

4-Beautiful Kitchens with Unique Oven Hoods:
This kitchen is amazing... I love the stove and herring bone tile backsplash!
This grey kitchen was a nice change from all of the white ones.  
I'm a huge fan of a white kitchen, but this one is still bright and warm.
The shape of the oven hood is also pretty unique.

This kitchen was also from my favorite house, it deserves it's own blog post...
 GORGEOUS...It is so unique and that stove is amazing!
 Everything about this is beautiful! 

5-Beauty With Function:
A drinking fountain in the mudroom.  
{My kids want one}
The shelf with the laundry baskets is a wonderful idea.
The desk area off the kitchen with beautiful barn doors to hide the mess.

Here is another brilliant idea for your pantry...
Such an easy way to bring the groceries in from the garage.
A huge walk in pantry is also a great idea if you have the space.
This years parade had so many beautiful homes that were filled with LOADS of inspiration!
Here is the link to see more information about the homes:
Salt Lake Parade Of Homes
Sharing with these blogs:
The Idea Room

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are some gorgeous homes! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/10/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_11.html Hope to see you again tomorrow night at the party. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete