ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Thursday, January 14, 2016

HELLO 2016...

 A new year with new projects.
It felt so good to take down all of our Christmas decor, but then it made our house feel so empty.
I found this cute "hello" sign at Hobby Lobby.
It makes me happy when I walk into the kitchen.

We have started the new year organizing bedrooms and closets.
We started with my daughter's room.
We moved around her furniture, which made it feel nice and fresh.  
It was just the change she needed.  
It's also motivated her to keep it clean!
Then we cleared out her closet. 
 It feels SO good to de-junk!

Next up was my boys' room..
It was MUCH needed, we can now see the top of their dresser and desk!

We are also finally done with our basement!  
It's nice to have a place for all the games.
I'll be doing a reveal soon.

I finally got around to hanging my kids' artwork.
It's been on my "list" for a few years!
This is the wall heading down to the basement.  
The stairwell is all white, so we added a little color with the frames.
It makes me smile every time I pass by.
How is your New Year going?

We got all of the kids' bedrooms organized over Christmas break, but this is how my little girl's room looks today!
She has been BUSY...notice her "rug" under the table.  
She is already decorating!
Happy New Year!

If getting organized is on your list for the New Year, here are a few more posts that might help you out:
Weekly Cleaning Schedule
Making Your House A Home

I'm sharing with these blogs:
Tidbits
The 36th Avenue
Chic On A Shoestring
Home Stories A to Z
I Heart Naptime
Thrifty Decor Chick
Farmhouse 40

6 comments:

  1. I love that tidy empty house feeling when the Christmas deckies come down too! Kids rooms will never stay tidy for long, you wouldn't really want them too, the kids have got to enjoy their space and it looks like your daughter certainly does that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is at a fun age where she is getting really good at "pretend" playing. It's pretty cute!

      Delete
  2. I love your "hello" sign from Hobby Lobby. I was thinking about getting one for my office. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, it really makes me happy! I think it would look darling in an office too!

      Delete
  3. Precious girls' rooms! The art gallery is such a wonderful idea!
    Here from Inspire Me Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because of you Sally, I got a "Hello" sign for my kitchen too (40% off with a coupon from Hobby Lobby). It really does make you happy when you walk into the room!

    ReplyDelete