ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Friday, March 4, 2016

Inspiring Mudrooms and a {REVEAL}

Our "mudroom" is pretty small and it's also our laundry room.
It is located just off the garage, so it is a dumping ground for everything.
For years, I've had this hall tree and it worked great to hang backpacks and hold shoes...
With six of us in our family, it didn't hold enough.
There were always extra coats and shoes all over the place.  For a while, I dreamed of adding on to the room to create a space like the ones on my Pinterest Board.  

Here are of few of my favorites...


source
It just wasn't in the budget to break out the wall an add on.
So, I was pondering some ways we could add enough lockers for each of us in such a small space.
I FINALLY figured it out!
 The room is small, but it does have high ceilings.
 I decided to maximize the space and found that the Ikea Pax System would work.
  We purchased a corner one and added another single Pax wardrobe to each side.

Then we added one more single Pax to the other side of the washing machine.

It worked!
EVERYONE in our family now has a locker... and there is also another cupboard for cleaning supplies!
My favorite part...
There are doors to hide all of the junk!
We chose the Bergsbo doors from Ikea.
We put one shelf to divide each cupboard into two sections.
 I added a basket for shoes and we put hooks on each side.
There is a hook for a backpack and one for a coat.
My husband added a block of wood and then drilled the hooks. Now it can hold the heavier backpacks without damaging the cabinet.
 
 It's still a small room, but we were able to maximize the space to work for us.
We painted the walls Sherwin Williams "Sea Salt".  It's hard to get a good picture, but It really brightened the room!
I'm always amazed at how paint can completely transform a room.
I still can't believe we figured out a way for each of us to have a locker in such a small space!
Sharing with these blogs:

5 comments:

  1. I saw the closets on Facebook and thought: "Wow" that looks a lot like Sally's place. It is! It's not only beautiful, it's practical! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job using the space you have! The corner cabinet was pretty genius.

    We'd love it if you'd join us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! I'll definitely stop by and link up!

      Delete
  3. Love this Sally!! We just did something similar! You'll have to come check it out bum sure you'd have good tips on how to make it more organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Sally! What a great use of a corner space! Thank you for sharing this with us over on Pretty Project Party! Have a wonderful day!
    Tammy Mitchell
    www.pinkpeppermintdesign.com

    ReplyDelete